Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell PowerEdge maximum wattage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:23 AM

Hi,

I have a Dell PowerEdge T410, with redundant 580W power supplies. I understand these supplies do load balancing (to some extent) but I was wondering if that means they can safely deliver over 580W? Obviously this would defeat the redundancy, as one PSU will no longer be able to power the whole system, but this won't be important for me anyway. (I intend to use it as a workstation.)

I am expecting this to be a no, but I'm pretty sure I need just over 580W. 

The planned specs:

Dell PowerEdge T410

Dual Intel Xeon X5670

4x4+8 GB DDR3

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked 2 GB

4x Dell Cheetah 300 GB 15000rpm SAS HDD RAID10

Dell PERC 6/i

Dell 580W RPS

CD/DVD combo drive SATA

Fedora 28 Cinnamon

(Yes I have researched the right adaptors to do this safely)

The purpose of this cobbled together system, is as a (home) workstation (mainly for virtualisation) which I can connect to four monitors and occasionally game on.

Edited by hamluis, 06 August 2018 - 07:33 AM.
Moved from Bldg/Upgrading to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

The redundant configuration should produce 1160W.  Below is the power efficiency figures for this PSU.

Power Supply Efficiency at Specified Loadings    83.3%@10%, 89.3%@20%, 92.2%@50%, 90.9%@100%

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users