Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Consistently while gaming in Elite Dangerous - A Second Instance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 executifs

executifs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

I believe I have encountered the exact same BSOD as the poster of topic:   Please help. BSOD Consistently while gaming in Elite Dangerous.

Please find attached my Sysnative dump as requested!

Attached Files

Edited by britechguy, 05 August 2018 - 02:39 PM.
Inserted reference to other thread that appears to have the same issue for reference.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

executifs,

Please post your own question to not cause confusion for OP and to allow you each to get the best help possible.

#3 executifs

executifs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

@dmccoyks: My question is the same as OP. I have a BSOD (also the same one as OP), please help me find out why. It seems counterproductive to open a separate topic for the same issue.

#4 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 513 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

We can only help one person on each thread regardless if you have similar issues and just because you have the same error message means absolutely nothing to help you. You System is co pletely different then the OP,s. Again please post a new topic and follow the procedures in the link below.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/#entry3709904

#5 executifs

executifs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Means absolutely nothing? I would say that a crash in the same module at the exact same location (nt!MiDecrementCombinedPte+23) has a pretty high chance of being related. Then again, how would you know? You didn't look at the files that were uploaded.

Look, I'm posting this to help. I had a random BSoD that I can live with. If you don't want to look into a potentially exploitable kernel memory corruption, suit yourself. You don't owe me anything and besides, I'm sure someone eventually will. We're all doing this on our free time after all.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

@executifs:  The convention on Bleeping Computer is:  "One machine, one problem, one topic, one forum."

This convention exists for good reason.  There are frequently instances where what at first appears to be "the same problem" is anything but.

The request made by dmccokys is perfectly reasonable and is what you should have done when someone with a long track record of assisting on BC advised you to do.  I am splitting this portion of the thread into one of its own.  I would advise you to listen to what assistants of long standing ask you to do as part of getting your issue solved, and separately from the other poster with a similar issue.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 513 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

Please follow the guide below to run Driver Verifier and see if it will flag the problem driver.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users