Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inconsistent access to other computers on network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Msclayson

Msclayson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

I have 5 computers on a network, i cannot consistently connect to computers showing up on network. Sometimes I have access and other times I dont. I get the message Windows cannot access \\device name, check the spelling of the name, otherwise there might be a problem with your network. It then offers me to diagnose problem, but says it cannot identify the problem. My network is setup like this. Router in office, which has one computer connected to it. I then use an Ethernet cable on one output going to another room that connects to a switch that has the other computers. One of this computers in the other room is connect via WiFi and is not using the switch song dont think it could be a switch problem. I have watch many windows 10 videos and configured each pc with app,to pirate sharing and security settings. I dont think it is that as sometimes they will connect and I have access. All computers can access the office computer but the other computers cannot consistently access each other. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wailmed

wailmed

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

hello , i geuss the problem is due to securite on other computer 

EDIT : what windows do you use on others machines

Edited by wailmed, 25 August 2018 - 12:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users