Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with my gaming PC.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ABOP

ABOP

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:28 AM

Mobo is z97
Gpu is gigabyte 1080 founders
4 sticks of 16gb corsair platinum
Forgot what cpu I have. It's an older i7 though. Pretty sure the 6800

I was gaming and my game froze. Which is really strange because usually if I freeze I can close the game somehow still or it's a crash. This time it froze pretty hard to the point I forced my pc off by holding the off button.

Now I get the blue screen but it's during the welcome screen BEFORE it loads the login screen. Sometimes it'll try to load before a second or so freeze and then a restart and sometimes it's only up for a half a second.

I've tried
-restarting my mobo.
-restarting my pc and reinstalling windows (fails.)
-auto repair (fails.)
-safe mode.
-I've removed everything and made sure it's firmly in place.
-system restore and go back to previous version fails.

When I restart my pc I hear 3 rapid beeps. I've read somewhere 3 beeps is usually ram but they're fast beeps and ram fine. I've taken 2 out and switched them up a few times just in case.

I can also see codes (I'm assuming.) On my mobo but they go by pretty fast.

I'm catching. 4f, B2, 9c (where it beeps,) and a2. Also I see the number 71 each time but I'm not sure if it means anything at all.

This happens immediately after restart.

I use my pc hours a day and I would love some help. If there's any other places I can contact for help please let me know.

Last thing. My gpu is custom water cooled (I bought my pc used and built 3 years ago.) and after inspecting it closely today I did notice a very small amount of sky blue and chalky substance. Is that bad or some sort of adhesive/coolant. Sorry if I sound dumb.

Thanks in advanced and I'll try my best to respond asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 6sixty6

6sixty6

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:17 AM

Gigabyte - Memory parity check error. 3 short beeps

🔥

🔥 😈 🔥

🔥

#3 ABOP

ABOP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

What does that mean and are there any solutions?

#4 6sixty6

6sixty6

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

It's more than likely you have a bad memory module.

Here is an article here to explain - https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-memory-parity-error

🔥

🔥 😈 🔥

🔥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users