Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer stuck on Splash Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iGPLTV

iGPLTV

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

I have a ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VII. I recently started experimenting with Linux and had been trying many different distros. I was booting up the installer for Kubuntu and nothing happened, probably because I didnt chose the UEFI fat option. I powered my computer down and turned it back on and nothing. It was stuck on the splash screen. I tried resetting the CMOS (I think I did it correctly), and nothing is working. If my dad finds out he will probably accuse me of doing something weird so I really need help here. I cant boot to the BIOS or anything. I hadnt changed anything hardware wise recently either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iGPLTV

iGPLTV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

Alright so I fixed my own issue, if there is a code that says A2 on the MOBO display, just unplug your hard drives, start it up, it should load to the BIOS, exit the BIOS, and then plug everything back in.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the solution.

Chris Cosgrove

PS -  And welcome to BC !

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 04 August 2018 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users