Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet secured message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gpalz

Gpalz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

As of four days ago my pc desktop is displaying the "No internet, secured" message when I connect via my wifi adapter or ethernet cable(no internet message).

I've tried almost everything from rebooting my modem and router to system restore to uninstalling the adapter to running netsh commands hoping to reset the netwok, but fail on each attempt. Tried running troubleshooter and network reset on win 10, but both are unable to resolve connection. Tried doing a system restore a few times, but got unsuccessful restore message. Mentioned possible corrupt drive, but drive scan detected no errors. I can ping the router successfully but not anything beyond. No response when I ping a domain name.

I do get internet access with my kindle fire and tv. Unable to determine if it's a pc config issue or virus. Did run Norton and malwarebyte in safe mode, but both came up empty.

I'm at a point where I feel my only option is to reinstall windows, but was suggested to try this forum, so here I am.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spacepotato

spacepotato

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:10 AM

@Gpalz do you have a spare USB WiFi adapter that you can use to test?

You may also want to post in the Am I Infected? sub-forum.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?  If this is a custom build please post the make and model of the motherboard and the wifi device you are using.

Windows Support has a good article for troubleshooting this type of problem, it's well worth giving it a read.

Have you looked in Network & Internet to see if there are any networks being displayed under Show available networks?

I've included instructions for viewing the available networks below.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open the Settings.

Under Settings select Status, then Show available networks to see if there are any nerworks being shown.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Gpalz

Gpalz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hello spacepotato
I only have one usb wifi adapter that I'm currently using for the pc.

Hello dc3,
It's a Dell xps 630i that I have for over nine years now. I usually replace every 10 years and started looking earlier in the year for either an all in one or small factor form/mini, but no decision has been made yet on my next pc. Based on my current situation it seems I need to make a decision sooner.

I have win 10. I've tried both wifi and Ethernet connections and Both indicate no internet when I attempt to connect to my default network. Network status indicates im not connected to any networks via wifi.

Under change adapter setting my wifi adapter is shown as enabled.

Thank for your reply.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:00 AM

One of the big problems with running Windows 10 on a computer this old is finding drivers.  Most manufacturers will make drivers only for the original version of Windows installed on a computer.

The following is a response by a moderator at the Dell Community website for a member looking for drivers for their Dell 630i.  This was dated 08/25/2016.

"Unfortunately, this 630i is not supported with Windows 10 by Dell. This means Dell did not create any Windows 10 drivers for the computer.

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected."

Edited by dc3, 06 August 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users