Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my external harddrive of seagate 2TB is unable to boot..don't know why?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DNAGARAJU

DNAGARAJU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:46 AM

i am using  my external hard drive since 9 months worked well but later i had copied data from outside desktop pc and later connected to my laptop having windows 10 and the drive is noting booting and not showing the drive on my computer window.but the usb port is just recognizing as some storage device is connected and not displaying any drive details..some are saying that the drive is infected with virus and so the boot file for opening the drive is not executing...is it true..?please help me how to recover my drive without data loss

Attached Files

Edited by DNAGARAJU, 04 August 2018 - 12:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:22 AM

This image looks like Windows 7. Did the drive stop functioning after it was connected to the laptop with Windows 10? With the drive connected how is it shown in Disk Management?

copied data from outside desktop pc

I am not sure what you mean?

I think you are confusing detection with boot. External drives normally do not boot an OS.

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 August 2018 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users