Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having PC issues i need help

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Alliex

Alliex

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

I hope i'm posting this in the right place i'm new here.

As for the issue, when the PC is booting  it will get to the windows 10 logo with the spining loading screen thing after it shows the MSI logo. when the windows doing it loading spining the screen goes black and the top right of my computer has a blinking red light it goes out  all the other lights stay on like fans keybored mouse but nothing happening i have to flip a swhich on my power supply to make it turn off. i tryed replaceing the motor and keybored. anyone have any ideas what it could be? this PC  a year old.

iBUYPOWER Gamer WA583R7 Black
AMD Eight-Core FX-8320 Vishera Processor

8GB system memory 

1TB hard drive ( it  a  toshiba DT01ACA100

AMD Radeon RX-460 

Motherbored  
MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX) AM3+ AMD 760G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

( has windows 10 on the PC )

Edited by Alliex, 03 August 2018 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

Hello Alliex,

Sorry to hear that you are having computer problems  :(

From what you describe a couple of possibilities come to mind, a problem with the OS or the HDD that it is on or a driver issue.

i have to flip a swhich on my power supply to make it turn off

Why cant you use the power on button on the front of the case, can you let us know the answer to this as I have a suggestion but need this info first.

#3 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Not to sound like  a   idiot but what an HDD? also befor all this starting happening i had to redo my computer due to an update in windows mess my PC up like the update that just came out was bad it  gave me blue screens this the 3rd time i redid my  comp i will say the windows updates keep you can check history and it  saids they fail most of the time trying to get them install finally i  advoid installing the original update it mess my windows up.

As for the power buttion i hold it down and nothing happens. it won't power off. it did sometimes if i do it fast enough it would shut off but if i wait too long after the blinking light stops i have to bit the buttion on the psu  sometimes 

it used to like if i flip the swhich on the back and turn the pc back on it would sometimes go right to the desktop as if nothing is wrong. 

but when i shut it down like for the night or if there  a storm it does this thing. and it been like that ever since. i have to hit F 11 to go into where i can boot from CD and such sometimes it won't pop up. idk if i am pressing it too fast like  when it messes up it does the same thing as i said in the OG post. it weird. i never had somthing like this happen befor.

Edit* my PC use to over heat. tho i have it in a living room where honestly the AC doesn't  help with cooling the room very well. tho. like sometimes it would over heat even when  watching you tube the tv would randomly restart.

I really hope it the HDD ;w; and nothing too bad i been so worried

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#4 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

HDD = the hard drive.

Sounds like you have a few issues going on here and one that has possibly been responsible for causing one or more of the others.

Not shutting Windows down properly on a regular basis will lead to corruption, did/does the power on button on the case work ok if you power up the computer or does it not work at all now meaning that you have to use the toggle switch on the PSU to power up every time.

Your computer: iBUYPOWER Gamer WA583R7, system builders like iBUYPOWER skimp on real important hardware such as the PSU and case cooling in order to keep their build costs down, the case might look flashy with the nice lighting effects but all that does is put more stress on what is most often a poor quality brand PSU.

We need to know the answer to whether or not the case power button works correctly or not, if it does not, that needs to be fixed before you do anything else as we need a working power button to be able to carry out what will be suggested.

#5 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

It power on when i hit the buttion to turn it on. 

yeah i have heard about the psu being crap. makes me a bit worried. 

what should i do do you think it the OS or the  hard drive or even maybe the PSU?

I realize  probaly getting ibuypower probaly wasn't the best idea but it was the only one it was cheap. >.<   agh.. 

Befor reinstalling windows and befor all this happening  there has been storms with the lights  blinking  idk if that has anything to do with it.

What do you suggest i do? ;w; im trying to give as much info as i can.

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#6 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

It power on when i hit the buttion to turn it on. 

Good, we can at least try getting into the Windows 10 (RE) Recovery Environment where the troubleshooting options are, to see if you are able to access the RE, try powering up and shutting down the computer a few times using the power on button, you need to allow just long enough for the computer to at least start trying to load Windows and then use the power button to turn off the computer, hopefully after the second or third go the Windows RE will come up as soon as you press the power on button.

I realize  probaly getting ibuypower probaly wasn't the best idea but it was the only one it was cheap. >.<   agh.

Lesson learned and you can actually get some bargains from system builders and then upgrade the PSU and cooling system yourself.

Tip.

No need to quote every reply, it only makes more work for us both and really doesn't help any  :thumbup2:

#7 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Okay my bad i didn't know you be able to know anyone reply or not im sorry. 

As for windows im on my comp  atm it sometimes will boot up fully when i flip the swhich. 
so it will sometimes work as for  RE i asume RE maybe the  repair thing it does i have tryed it on the reinstall disc it always saids it can not be repair.  

i find that kinda  weird. 

Also idk if this is important but when i reinstall windows i just put it over the old one and it makes a old windows file. idk if that helps at all. 

Also do you think it the psu or hdd? i hope i spell it right hard  drive .

i am fearful of  even really turning my comp off due to idk if it will go back to desktop after i turn it back on cha know?  and i don't know if this site will work on  a tablet. 

I am also grateful your trying to help me. it means alot. 

Edited by Alliex, 04 August 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#8 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:50 PM

No problem many folk do it thinking that it is helpful and it can be when there is only a small amount of info that you are trying to highlight.

What you describe is weird behaviour, it could be something as simple as a loose cable, as you are presently in Windows can you do the following for us;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

#9 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

i hope i did it right

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uotyBmAEMtnFj0hbboikG0a

#10 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

Spot on  :thumbup2:

Will take a while to go through the Speccy report but spotted something straight away that will cause you various types of problems;

Antivirus
Avast Antivirus
Antivirus: Enabled
Virus Signature Database: Up to date
Windows Defender
Antivirus: Disabled
Malwarebytes
Antivirus: Enabled

Having more than one AV installed on your computer is bad, it will slow down the computer, cause internet connection problems and leave you with no AV protection at all if they cancel each other out as they fight for resources.

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 come with an improved Windows Defender, it offers the same real-time anti-virus/anti-malware protection as Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows Defender also shares the same malware signature definitions as Microsoft Security Essentials, and Forefront Endpoint Protection. Technically, Microsoft Security Essentials has not been renamed Windows Defender, or combined with it in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

If any AV product that you have is a paid for version you should always make sure that you have a copy of the product key kept somewhere safe just in case you ever wish to reinstall it.

Avast clean removal info here

Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility here

#11 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

Well i feel like an idiot for not knowing it had a build in one and here i was thinking i was helping it.

I am working on downloading the uninstallers when i finish that what should i do then?

Also that does explan my internet issue i been having at least.

Edit okay they are both uninstalled

Edited by Alliex, 04 August 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#12 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

Can I ask why you keep on including the quote box in your replies  :scratchhead:

Have Windows Defender scan your computer and to check for updates.

You dot have any Windows updates installed, get Windows and Defender fully up to date, run Speccy again then post the new url for us.

Getting late here in the UK and I have a 6am start so will be going offline soon, the above suggestions will take you a while in any event so catch up with you sometime tomorrow when I finish work.

#13 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Okay  and im sorry i was thinking you meant remove what you said in the quiote and i hope you have a  good night i will.  post the url when it does finish.

Edit: Also idk how long it take to update i have crappy internet. i keep you up dated :3

Another thing i should add this update i am updating i had issue with befor.

it was originally why i had to redo my comp and 2nd time i try to install it it turn my desktop black, and nothing would work.

So idk what it gonna do this time.

Edited by Alliex, 04 August 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#14 Alliex

Alliex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:29 AM

Okay it has updated. tho some reason AMD setting won't pop up which is weird but... anyways here the  url.  http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xmhjkSS5zTGO8Eg6OMKsR0y

I hope i did it right. 

Edit: also i forgot if i told you but the starting up issue is when i have my computer  shut off and start it back up. for some reason it doesn't do it if i just simplely restart it.

I haven't try shuting it down since this update tho

Edited by Alliex, 05 August 2018 - 05:49 AM.

#15 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:49 AM

It could very well be a power supply issue, or a hard drive issue.

Sadly iBuypower makes a lot of junk, they are not a good company for pre built gaming PC's

This is why I often recommend other pre builts for those who lack the PC building skills or who have no tech savvy whatsoever.

origin, maingear, even Cyberpower make some good ones.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users