Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Keepass2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

I'm not sure if this is a Linux bug or that my KDBX file might be getting corrupted but when I right click over my KDBX file and select properties it shows the wrong date and time for accessed use its showing Agust 2nd instead of the third but my other KDBX files don't have this problem heck I even tried some other files to see if this bug appears and yes on my old KDB (Keepass1 file) it does. So I starting to suspect this is a Linux bug.

keepass_problem_by_supersapien64-dcj4oxz

Running Linux Mint KDE 17.2 I also noticed this Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.2, and yes I know KDE and Cinnamon both desktop environments and not distros.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,322 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Are your system date and time showing correctly?

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

No the date was incorrect I just fixed it now (it was showing as the 4th Saturday), but my KDBX/KDB files are showing the wrong date in fact this seems to be an issue with my document files in general such as text files to.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,322 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Weird,I have no idea what the problem could be.

The only thing I can think of is that you CMOS battery needs to be changed?

Edited by paul88ks, 03 August 2018 - 08:33 PM.

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

Well I don't see how that could be whats the chances that both of those batteries need to changed on both my desktop and laptop?

I mean I got my desktop about 2013-2014 and laptop around 2010-2011.

#6 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,322 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

I don't know - I did have that happen with one client.She called me and said that none of her programs were working correctly and that the date and time were wrong.I changed the CMOS battery and all was good- just a suggestion.

#7 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

Well I don't see how that could be whats the chances that both of those batteries need to changed on both my desktop and laptop?
I mean I got my desktop about 2013-2014 and laptop around 2010-2011.

Desktop should be good for a while.....but lappie's battery is probaly getting near to 'problem time'. Even lithium batteries don't last  for ever, but I second Paul. It is peculiar that both machines are displaying the same symptoms. Different hardware, different OSs. Personally, I'd suspect a problem at t'other end, with KeePass's servers....

Providers are just as liable to issues as we users, y'know. We tend to think they're infallible, but hell; it's still hardware, after all.....and at that, hardware which runs 24/7. It would be totally unrealistic to assume that breakdowns will never happen....

I use LastPass, and get occasional spells when their servers 'play up'. It happens.

(*shrug*)

Mike. :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 04 August 2018 - 02:40 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#8 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

I also noticed this issue on my Windows HDD (desktop) and yeah I guess my laptop is kinda getting old but now that I think about it back around 2015 there was a small surge that went through my desktop fortunately I have a UPS surge protector but who knows maybe that surge wore my CMOS battery a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users