Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard times powering on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm once again here for your help.

The problem is quite simple, i'm having some hard times in powering on my Desktop PC.

Basically, i push the power on button and it doesn't fire. After a while i try, it starts.

The last time i've disconnected ethernet, all external HDD, and flipped a bit with the PSU switch.

This time i've disconnected ethernet, flipped once PSU switch, and after about 20s i was pressing the power on key, it worked.

The external HDD and the LED on the mouse do work once they're plugged, even if the PC is off, so i know there is power there.

Knowing this, my 3 suspects are: MOBO, PSU, CASE.

The case is a Thermaltake Versa H21 (so you could say a cheap one...) 

The PSU is also a Thermaltake: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B004YISIB2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is my hardware

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/I4zkgbTL36ZsVfee1SdgqrT

Any ideas?

I guess i could unplug the PSU and use another mobo to find out if it immediatly turns on, but i'd have some hard times in testing if the fault is in the MOBO or the Case. I've no case in which all of this could fit and i've got no compatible PSU with the system.

Another reason why i believe it to be the Case is that once it powers, i've got no problem, even leaving it on for a week straight... I guess if it would be a failing PSU or mobo i would have some other problems.

Edited by donisonleague, 03 August 2018 - 02:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users