Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Left Click not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crybllrd

crybllrd

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:23 AM

I can right click (RMB) and use my middle click and scroll wheel, but no left clicks.

This is actually the second time this has happened in as many months. Last time I bought a new mouse, but still had the same problem. The problem seemed to remedy itself after a week or so, but now it's back.

I'm currently using the Win10 option of swapping Left and Right click, so that I can perform a Left Click with RMB, but now I can't Right Click (with LMB).

Here's what I've tried:

• New mouse
  • Different USB port
  • Restarting
  • Created a new user profile
  • Restarted Windows file explorer
  • Uninstalled/Reinstalled mouse drivers (the manufacturer's website doesn't offer specific drivers)
  • Toggled "Click Lock" option in mouse settings
  • Ran DISM tool [DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth]

I haven't installed anything new in months.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer, if it is a custom build post the make and model of the motherboard.

You posted "Uninstalled/Reinstalled mouse drivers (the manufacturer's website doesn't offer specific drivers)."

Did you uninstall the driver in the Device Manager?  If you did, did you try to use the update option?

Just to be sure that we are not dealing with file corruption please do the following.

Please run System File Checker.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Important:  There will be a short message at the end of the scan informing you of the results.  If you receive the message "no integrity violations were found" you don't need to do anything else, no corrupt files were found.  You should watch the scan to see the results at the end of the scan.

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Click/tap on the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the Taskbar and type cmd.

PLrbrFc.png

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

This scan will take a while to run, please do not abort the scan as this can result in damage to the operating system.

If integrity issues are found in the scan please post the CBS log using the instructions below.

To find sfc /scannow log open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt 

This will place the log on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log at the host website I've suggested below.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 crybllrd

crybllrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:18 AM

sfc /scannow

This scan will take a while to run, please do not abort the scan as this can result in damage to the operating system.

If integrity issues are found in the scan please post the CBS log using the instructions below.

No integrity issues were found.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

Does left-click work when you are in Windows safe mode?

Is it a wired mouse?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users