Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Omega Knight

Omega Knight

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

I have a smallish 250gb solid state primary HD, and a 2tb secondary, where I have all of my game engines and other programs installed (as much as I can avoid on the C drive, at least). My problem, is that the engines eat up huge space on the primary drive, leading to a space shortage. I feel I am in need of an upgrade, but I cannot afford the time necessary to try to reinstall everything onto a new HD. Is it possible to migrate the entire contents (including OS) into a new HD, without need for reinstalling anything? If so... how would you guys recommend doing it the most efficiently, so that I don't need to have my pc unusable for any unreasonable period?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

Yes. Easily. Just Clone it with Acronis (best, in my opinion) or

free cloning software

Macrium Reflect

If you are cloning an SSD to another SSD, the process will be done in less than 20 minutes.

Edited by Mason21, 02 August 2018 - 07:40 PM.

#3 Omega Knight

Omega Knight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

I'll keep that in mind. I still need to invest in a new larger HD... I just couldn't see doing the investment if my plot wouldn't be plausible. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users