Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Way to disable/reenable external mouse with keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:23 PM

I've been looking at this for a while but haven't figured out a good way.

Can anyone describe a way I can disable and reenable an external USB mouse using the keyboard on Win7 x64?

I looked at the AutoHotKey solutions, which appear fit for purpose, but unfortunately the installer leaves much to be desired and I'm not willing to install it on my machines.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hi TsVk!, Welcome back. How have you been?

There is a way to use the keyboard but it's a kludge. It requires quite a few keystrokes to open Device Manager and disable the Mouse. There may be a registry key that does this but I can't be sure. I can PM somebody to have them have a look at the thread.

Edit: Using the keystrokes also requires being logged in as Admin.

Edit Edit: I found this video but I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. It creates shortcuts but you would still need to run the shortcut via the keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNQNQerztU

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 August 2018 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users