Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zouhh

Zouhh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

Hi,

I have a problem since one or two weeks, I have very often a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
I have a computer I built myself in January, I tried multiple things but the BSOD keep coming...
They are random, sometimes at boot, sometimes after several hours, I have the feeling that it occurs more often if I'm not using intensively the hardware (it almost never occurs when I play No Man's Sky for exemple).

Here is what I tried:
  • Unplug all not needed hardware: other HDD, DVD => BSOD
  • Change Graphic Card => BSOD
  • Keep one RAM over 2 => BSOD
  • Keep only the other RAM => BSOD
  • Update BIOS in version F10 (Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming v1.0) => BSOD
  • Update all drivers: done (I had 2 or 3 outdated) => BSOD
  • Boot Live CD => BSOD (!)
  • Checking temperatures: CPU at 40 degrees when idle and 60 full charge, this seems not a problem => BSOD
  • Checking Power Supply Voltage: stable => BSOD

I ran memory and hard drive diagnostics: no problem.
I can't test independently my Motherboard and my CPU.

You can find the Speccy system snapshot here: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gzzPLu2ZhyVPjj4hVT1vl0s
And you can find the SysnativeFileCollectionApp here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XvZy3YQczcUeg_MBWXf69vgVZMFZB5sL

Can you help me? I tried everything...
Thank you!
Regards,
Zouhh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Hi. . .

Bugcheck 0x124 = WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture, a/k/a "Machine Check Exception".

0x124 BSODs are notoriously difficult to solve because the cause is simply "unknown hardware failure".

Unfortunately, the dumps are incapable of telling us which piece of hardware has failed. Dumps are only good for figuring out software problems.

All I can really do here is to give you some hardware diagnostic programs to run.The problem may also be with other hardware parts such as the motherboard or PSU for which there are no software tests.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 Zouhh

Zouhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
With the test I already did (change video card, change RAM, boot LiveCD), it is not necessary to run most of these diagnostics, right?

I'll do the Prime95 tonight, the CPU is the only one I can't test on another setup...

For my PSU, I used OCCT to check voltage variation, is it pertinent?

Regards,
Zouhh

#4 Zouhh

Zouhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

I change the MB today (Amazon sent me another one), and I got a BSOD again...

Do you think it's the CPU or have you another idea?

Regards,

Zouhh

#5 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

It literally could be anything.

Bugcheck 0x124 are definite unknown hardware errors.

0x124's are basically Machine Check Exceptions - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-check_exception

I sit on the software side of the fence and really do not know very much about hardware at all.

I buy all Core i7 OEM (usually HP) laptops and have only replaced a HDD and added RAM. That is the extent of my hardware experience.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#6 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

Download and install EasyTune 

Run a stress test using Prime 95, OCCT, or other

Provide the following information both while under a normal load and while running a one of the stress testing software

Normal Mode:

CPU temp: 

12V:

5V:

3.3V: 

Stess Test:

CPU temp: 

12V:

5V:

3.3V: 

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#7 Zouhh

Zouhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

Thank you but my CPU has been sent to Intel so I can't do any more test right now.

I'll keep you update.

#8 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 980 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Okay let us know what you find out.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#9 Zouhh

Zouhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

Intel sent me a new CPU, it seems my problem is now solved (4h without any BSOD!).

Thank you for your help!

#10 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 980 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

Thats great that it was replaced and resolved your issues. Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users