Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you please help me assemble my gaming PC?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

I already have everything:
CPU: Intel I5 8400 (the cooler comes with paste pre applied)

Ram: 16 GB RAM DDR4

Motherboard:GIGABYTE B360M DS3H (LGA1151/Intel/Micro ATX/USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB3.0) Type A/DDR4/Motherboard) PICTURE:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ9SSH7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tomshardware_forum_vgl-20
PSU: 750W EVGA Gold Power Supply

GPU: Radeon 7870

Windows 10 Pro Usb Drive

3 hard drives: 1) 128GB hard drive just to boot windows 10 and some apps 2) 3 TB hard drive for games 3) 1TB Hard drive for files, videos, music, etc.

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series Black 550D Mid Tower Computer Case (you can see pictures on this address) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L6ZSWC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api...

I am planning to build it on a wooden table. Will there be a problem there? Where do I plug everything in the PSU, on the board! etc.

Bonus question: I am changing everything because there was a problem with my old machine. I THINK the board is the problem (thought it was the PSU, bought a new one but the proble is still there). The computer keeps turning on and off. I bought this speakers SoundOriginal PC Motherboard Internal Speaker BIOS Alarm Buzzer (3pcs/pack) to help me determine the problem before disassembling the machine. I wanna see if the CPU and RAM are not the problem so that I can sell both, or maybe find an old board and build another machine in an old case. How do I use them?

Edited by jcgonzmo, 02 August 2018 - 01:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Yes a wooden table is fine, but make sure the motherboard is on its anti static bag and you have a flat even surface underneath (you can even use the box to the motherboard)

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users