Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UAC prompts not centered on the screen!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:07 AM

UAC prompts appear at the bottom left corner on my screen. Anyone knowing why? (Please don't tell me to disable UAC completely. :) )

EDIT: This is the case for some software only. MBAM is one of them.

Edited by devilus, 02 August 2018 - 06:24 AM.

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

I don't think you can change the location. At least on Windows 7, I don't have Vista, the UAC box comes up in two different locations. One location when I type UAC in the search box and another location when I open CMD as an administrator. Opening CMD as administration puts it in the lower left. Opening UAC from the search box puts it in the middle of the screen. 

Windows can normally be fixed by holding Ctrl while closing the window by clicking the X in the upper right but this didn't work for me.

#3 devilus

devilus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

I don't think you can change the location. At least on Windows 7, I don't have Vista, the UAC box comes up in two different locations. One location when I type UAC in the search box and another location when I open CMD as an administrator. Opening CMD as administration puts it in the lower left. Opening UAC from the search box puts it in the middle of the screen. 

Windows can normally be fixed by holding Ctrl while closing the window by clicking the X in the upper right but this didn't work for me.

Thanks for sharing your similar experience.

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users