Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer drops files from the network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lynchbox

Lynchbox

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:47 AM

Hi, i'm acting as a stand in IT technician for a small company and one of the computers will randomly drop the network files, I managed to do a temporary fix by syncing it with the server itself and just told the user to access the files they need however it dropped the syncing. This whole time the Wifi signal hasn't dropped or disconnected (don't ask me why they're still connected through wifi I've recommended etherneting it all) and I disabled the adapter driver and restarted it again and they still don't come back any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

What do you mean "drop the network files"?

What do you mean by "syncing it with the server"?

#3 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:24 AM

If your referring to mapped network drives, then check the problem devices power settings in 'Device Manager'!

Select your devices network adapter, then the power management tab.

Is there a setting that says, 'allow computer to turn off this device to save power'?......if so, uncheck it!

Edited by Replicator, 05 August 2018 - 07:32 AM.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users