Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

router bandwidth limit reached?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:51 PM

How do I tell if I've maxed out my router bandwidth limit? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

You will notice a drop off in internet access speeds.

This depends on three things - the capacity of your download connection; the number of devices you have connected at one time to the network; and the download capability of each device.

As an example, if my wife is sitting in the living room playing with her tablet there is no visible effect on my capacity in my 'office'. If she happens to be streaming a golf competition, as she often does, I have to be more careful or the golf starts 'buffering' and she gets annoyed !  As a dutiful hen-pecked husband this is a situation I try to avoid !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

You will notice a drop off in internet access speeds.

This depends on three things - the capacity of your download connection; the number of devices you have connected at one time to the network; and the download capability of each device.

As an example, if my wife is sitting in the living room playing with her tablet there is no visible effect on my capacity in my 'office'. If she happens to be streaming a golf competition, as she often does, I have to be more careful or the golf starts 'buffering' and she gets annoyed !  As a dutiful hen-pecked husband this is a situation I try to avoid !

Chris Cosgrove

why don't you go into your router settings and give her device priority so it doesn't effect her connection as much?  if you router doesn't support that feature then just buy a new one that does.  but most do now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users