Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After installing new graphics card, screen quality has gone down.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TropiconForHire

TropiconForHire

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

Hello

Yesterday I had my dad help me install a new graphics card that I had gotten a long time ago, but was too lazy to put in.

My old graphics card was a 1gb msi card, and this new one is the Radeon AMD R7850 MSI 2GB Graphics Card, PCI Express 3.0 (Twin Frozr 2GD5).

The graphics card only had an HDMI port on it, which I didn't mind at first. My old one used VGA, and I had 0 problems with it. The screen was crystal clear, pristine screen. The RGB was flawless and it was great for me, since I loved designing things such as renders and minecraft skins. My dad however raved on about how HDMI was better, so I believed him...

However as soon as my dad was done, he gave the computer to me, and I looked at the screen, and I got an instant headache.

The screen quality has been reduced, I'll try my best to explain:

It looks as if everything has been sharpened

The RGB is a mess, especially yellow. Any games I run look terrible.

The screen is blurry, I feel like I need glasses to look at it properly

I have no idea if it is because of a setting, my new graphics card, or the switch from VGA to HDMI. 

I've done my best to mess with the quality settings, screen resolution, RGB settings, nothing is fixing it. I can't do anything if my screen is stuck like this, because I can't work on my hobbies, and I am sure as hell not giving that up so I can play PUBG a little better.

If anyone has any idea what to do, or how to fix it, let me know. Otherwise I may just have to put back in my old graphics card. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:08 PM

you need to uninstall the drivers for the old card......and install the driver for the new card....did you do that?

you also need to set the screen resolution to your monitors optimum setting.....do you know what that is?

what is the monitor make and model?

#3 TropiconForHire

TropiconForHire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Yes, the drivers for the old one are already removed and the drivers for the new one are installed.

Yes, my screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, it's the recommended one.

I'm not 100% sure what my monitor model is, however I know that it's SEIKI and it can be used for both TV and Computer

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2018 - 06:55 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

What is the make and model of the monitor? If the monitor has a DVI port I would use a DVI cable and see if anything changes. Bump the resolution down to 1600 x 900 and see if that changes anything. I don't know what the monitor model number is but on a LCD the refresh rate of the adapter is usually set to 60Hz. Make sure your Refresh rate is what your monitor specs out at.

#5 TropiconForHire

TropiconForHire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

What is the make and model of the monitor? If the monitor has a DVI port I would use a DVI cable and see if anything changes. Bump the resolution down to 1600 x 900 and see if that changes anything. I don't know what the monitor model number is but on a LCD the refresh rate of the adapter is usually set to 60Hz. Make sure your Refresh rate is what your monitor specs out at.

I can't remember the model of the monitor. Is there an easier way to check this?

Bumping down the resolution didn't do anything. 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Take a look at the back of the monitor/TV, please..

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2018 - 01:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users