Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password not accepted after clean boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ramiwi

ramiwi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

In order to test my windows performance I did a clean boot as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Now Im not able to login using my PIN code and when using my microsoft account (I see my account`s avatar and full name) windows says its a "wrong password".

The password does work when checking my account via web browser( from other devices), I also did a password reset but still cant login.

I tried the safe mode with networking startup option but got the same result. The "wrong password" message appears instantly when hiting enter. It doesnt seem to check it online.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Are you positive that you have turned all services back on and/or not accidentally disabled a Microsoft service that's related to password checking?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 ramiwi

ramiwi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

I cant turn them back (cant pass the login screen) but I followed the instructions for hiding the Microsoft services before disabling.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

If System Restore was enabled you can use the following procedure to get the Advance Boot Options. From Troubleshoot select System Restore and a date before the problem.

• Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  • As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  • Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  • Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  • Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users