Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All-in-one with All-in-one second monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jenourno

Jenourno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Hi there, 

I have two all-in-one PCs - an Acer Aspire and an HP Pavilion. I want to use my Acer as a second monitor as opposed to a computer. I have connected them via HDMI cables then pushed the "HDMI IN" button on the HP. However, while it spans the mouse across both screens, it's running from the Acer instead of the HP. Is there a way to change this so that it runs from the HP? There is no display option to run multiple screens unless you search for wireless ones which bring up no results - yet this option is on the Acer. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:12 AM

Since it's the HP that has the HDMI In capability, then that will naturally function as an HDMI In and display the output from the Acer.

If the Acer has a wireless screen capability, then you'd need to find out what protocol it uses and see if that protocol can be implemented on the HP. Presumably it's looking for a netcast.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users