Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conflicting Device Information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PianoMan55

PianoMan55

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Got some strange stuff going on. Was not sure where to post this, so since I have Win 10 Pro...….

I just noticed that when I hit Enter while posting this, I get 3 weird looking characters to the left of the curser. What's up with that????

​There they are.

​  Anyway, I booted up earlier today and got a small Warning box that said: C:\\Windows\System32\LogiDA.dll is not a recognized file. I Goolged it and it is for my Logitech mouse. I ran HitManPro and it listed that file in the results. It was deleted and then the mouse did not work. Got the drivers for the mouse from Logitech and all is fine there , now.

​  I was intending to delete some old files from my external drives and move what is on an older Cirago drive so I can use it on the other PC to store BUs and Sys Image.

​  Under This PC, It shows the 2 Internal Seagate drives, one External Seagate, and the Cirago, but no Toshiba.  Went to Device Manager and it shows the 2 Internal drives and the Toshiba.  When I unplugged the Cirago, the Toshiba does not show up in Device Manager - it only displays the 3 Seagate drives.

I plugged the Cirago back in and the Toshiba reappeared in Dev. Manager.

​  Highlighted the Toshiba, clicked Properties and got the Properties for the Toshiba - Then clicked  Volumes - Populate - showed it as Disk 3.   Half-way down the Box, it says Cirago.

​

Under Disk Management it shows the 3 Seagate drives and the Cirago as Disk 3, but no Toshiba.

​

​    Anyone know what the %$%#@ is going on here???   . Never seen anything so screwed up and conflicting. Just now thought maybe it could be malware, but everything is a clean install on a new (supposedly) clean Seagate HDD. I have been on the web, but nothing other than the .dll file was flagged on the three separate scans-  McAfee, Malwarebytes, and HitManPro. I hope this word is OK, but it's the damnedest thing I ever saw.

Edited by PianoMan55, 31 July 2018 - 07:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PianoMan55

PianoMan55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:06 PM

OK. I am sending some attachments which may (or not) clarify my post Conflicting Drive Info. The screen shots will show what is listed in Disk Manager and Device Manager. You can see the conflict with the Toshiba and an old Cirago drive in the screen shots. The Highjack This shows a bunch of Windows\Sysytem32 files that are missing. When I ran Highjack This, it warned that it could not fix the problem because it could not obtain permissions because of the files being highjacked. Or that's the way understood it. The attachments should explain what the problems are.

I know this is a heck of a lot of stuff, but it is all I know to send. I just threw a lot in there to see what problems there may be. I really don't know what I am doing as far as scans go, so just pick out the relevant. None of it makes sense to me.

Attached Files

Edited by Andrew, 06 August 2018 - 05:36 PM.
Removed log file attachments - Andrew

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,025 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

From my understanding, looking at your third image, the Cirago enclosure is using a Toshiba disk drive. You can see under Volumes that the Toshiba has a volume of Cirago (G:)

That is why the Toshiba goes away when you detach the Cirago.

Open a command prompt with the Cirago attached. Type the following commands.

diskpart

list disk     Make a note of the disk number associated with the Cirago. You can see by the drive capacity. of 305244

select disk X     Where X is the number associated with the Cirago

detail disk

You will see that the disk is a Toshiba MK3276GSX

#4 PianoMan55

PianoMan55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:35 PM

I have both a Toshiba and a Cirago external drive. Why are both not showing under This PC and in Device and Disk Managers? They previously were both shown as separate drives in both places, as they should since they are 2 different external drives.I have gotten into uncharted territory for my PC experience.

#5 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:18 AM

Hi,  not sure from your screen shots, lets try this:-

Open notepad and type:- list volume

From the main menu in notepad select "save as" save it to desktop and call it script.txt.

Now make sure all external drives are connected.

Go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open, copy the below cmd and copy paste it into the cmd prompt window, the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

diskpart /s %userprofile%\desktop\script.txt > 0 & notepad 0

Copy paste the notepad output here.

Open desktop and the script.txt file, delete the "list volume" and type:- list disk, x out and save the changes.

Run the diskpart cmd again, this time we have disk info, copy paste the notepad output here.

Edited by jenae, 07 August 2018 - 01:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users