Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes without video output

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brasoe

Brasoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:06 AM

Hello!

My relatively new PC has been hardcrashing without bluescreen. In fact, as soon as it crashes my GPU stops outputting video. This usually happens when im running GPU heavy tasks like video games, (Fortnite, Hearthstone, but not League of Legends).

Specs:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0TQbx8z6mE1fVmeST2gAsds

I have since swapped my PSU for a new one, checked to see if my RAM is configured correctly, and checked to see if my CPU or GPU are overheating. None of these are causing the problem.

I am at a loss with this problem, does anyone have a clue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

I have another guy with a problem just like yours... recommend re-installing your GPU driver. Go to device manager, and find your display adapter, click on "update driver". This has worked in my case, I was using Geforce Experience to update my driver, I was having problems with their drivers, so tried this method, and it has worked. If it doesn't update, delete the driver, and let Windows 10 install the new driver on reboot. 

#3 Brasoe

Brasoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

I have another guy with a problem just like yours... recommend re-installing your GPU driver. Go to device manager, and find your display adapter, click on "update driver". This has worked in my case, I was using Geforce Experience to update my driver, I was having problems with their drivers, so tried this method, and it has worked. If it doesn't update, delete the driver, and let Windows 10 install the new driver on reboot. 

Hey, thanks for replying. I've tried updating and uninstalling but neither worked. I've also tried to use driver booster to download the latest version of the display driver, no change. Any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users