Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got BSOD, now computer will randomly shut itself off.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kawana87

Kawana87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

I got the BSOD the other night, I didnt see what the error was though. After the reset, my computer wont stay running. If I press the power button, usually the fans will spin up for 3 seconds then the computer shuts off. I need to press the power button several times before it finally boots up. After booting, the comouter will usually run for several minutes then shut off. It doesn't crash with any error, it just loses all power it seems and goes black. I'm not great with computers, but could this be an issue with a failing power supply? I feel like since the startup issue happens before anything's even booted that it must be a hardware issue but I could be wrong. It doesn't stay running long enough for me to install any kind of diagnostic software.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

From your description it certainly sounds like the power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users