Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Windows 7 for a while now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lil_John

Lil_John

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

For reasons unknown my computer has been bluescreening on me for around a month at different times for different drivers and such. I had a problem similar when I installed a new hard drive where after a short while my computer would BSOD and I tracked the problem to that hard drive and removed it. A while after I still get BSOD but not as frequent and most recently with the stop 0x0000007a. I have checked all drivers and ran chckdsk and have had no luck and simply don't know what to do at this point.

Results from my most recent WhoCrashed:

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070218-6318-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xA48A0) 
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!NlsLeadByteInfo+0x97D4) 
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Hi, John, :)

STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bugchecks are nearly always caused by defective hard drives. Are you using a new hard drive right now? Did you enable Driver Verifier? Please follow these instructions and run the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App. You do not need to create a new topic. Simply attach the files to this one.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users