Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not starting, fans barely moving

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Liamza2314

Liamza2314

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

So I put together a pc from spare parts, these are the specs

Mobo - Biostar 865GV micro 478

Ram - 1.5gb DDR1, 1 one gig module and 1 512mb module

CPU - (couldn't quite make it out but its a pin processor and its a celeron 2.00ghz)

Hard drive - hitachi deskstar 80gb

Psu - just one i had lying around, it says LPG6-350w on it

Basically I set it up in a case, and after struggling I managed to get it on

So I leave it for the night planning to install windows in the morning but when i came back to it I found that it was refusing to switch on

When I press the power button the cpu and gpu fans move slightly (no kidding they just nudge forward) and then shuts off

Have been through the whole checklist, switching out psus, disconnecting everything but the essentials, testing the ram individually, clearing the CMOS, trying onboard graphics, the works

The only thing that makes a difference is if i disconnect the 4 pin atx connector that powers the cpu, then the fans all spin but for obvious reasons it wont boot

Any help would be appreciated since I'm at my wits end

Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

That thing has to be close to being 10 yrs old or more.

Have you checked the capacitors to see if any have leaked or bulged out? It's not unusual for something of that time frame

#3 Liamza2314

Liamza2314
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

Yeah i checked those first, they're all ok, but the board was running fine until a few days ago

Edited by Liamza2314, 31 July 2018 - 04:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users