Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Casual

Casual

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

Hey my brother installed this computer temperature monitoring thing, and it beeps if it gets to hot and stuff. But now it seems to go off even if the temperatue is a cool 70 degrees, usually when Im playing video games. Is their a way I can disable the noise?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

Hi Casual,

The 70 degrees you report is probably celsius - a lot hotter than 70 degrees F. Different CPUs run at different temps and have different maximum temperatures. The Heatsink Guide has cpu temperature listings for the various cpus. Take a look.

I would make sure all fans are running smoothly and are clear of dust. Also check to make sure the fan and heatsink are firmly against the processor and have a good amount of heatsink paste on them.

Hope this helps

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

Casual:

70C = 158F.

#4 Casual

Casual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

Yea well that's basically the problem...Umm I was expriencing some funny noises at first, here's the link to that post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry371610
But it froze on me and after I shut it down it wouldn't restart...Please help

Moderator Edit: Merged both topics together. No need to have separate posts. ~Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 October 2006 - 09:04 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

It's beeping for a reason. I'd suggest seeing what's causing the beeping (the program should show this) and then see what you can do to make it cooler (that way it won't beep).

Just shutting it off is like ignoring a fire alarm. No problem until it burns down around you!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

What make and model is the processor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users