Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

As soon as I delete the normal batch of 25 documents, another 25 soon appear.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ervay

ervay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

I have a Windows 7 ASUS laptop.

I just noticed that when I pull up LIBRARIES> Documents
I see a continuous amount of new files in the Documents Library.
I have been deleting as many as I can but there is no end in sight.

As soon as I delete the normal batch of 25, another new 25 documents soon appear.

I do not know how they got on my computer.

Cybereason.com has been blocking a few every-time I delete manually into the Recycle Bin so I do not think I would open any to be on the safe-side. The names are like:

whom cheese.sql
egg-lighten-base.xlsx

I have Norton Security, Malwarebytes, PeerBlock, SpywareBlaster and CCleaner Professional plus the above mentioned, Cybereason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

Hi ervay :)

These files are actually bait files created by CyberReason RansomFree. If you disable the program, delete the files and wait, you'll see that they won't comeback.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,673 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

Hi ervay,

Are you still with me?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 ervay

ervay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Aura,

I'm still here.

I forgot to thank you.

Sincerely appreciate it.

Grazie,

ervay

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,673 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

No problem ervay, you're welcome!

Stay safe :)

unite_blue.png

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,673 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users