Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

when I pull up LIBRARIES> Documents I see a continuous amount of files in the Do

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ervay

ervay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

I have a Windows ASUS laptop. I just noticed that when I pull up LIBRARIES> Documents
I see a continuous amount of files in the Documents Library.
I have been deleting as many as I can but there is no end in sight. I do not know how they got on my computer.

Cybereason.com has been blocking a few every-time I delete manually into the Recycle Bin so I do not think I would open any to be on the safe-side. The names are like:

whom cheese.sql
egg-lighten-base.xlsx

I have Norton Security, Malwarebytes and CCleaner Professional plus the above mentioned, Cybereason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Since you are here I take it you are running W7. Open Windows Explorer then the folder with all these files in it. Click on the first one to select it, then - top left - click on 'Organise' and scroll down to 'Select all'.. Then move the cursor back over the selected files and RIGHT click and select 'Delete'. However if this works as it is meant to, ALL files in that folder will be deleted.

If this works - or especially if it doesn't - go and start a topic here, but read the notes at the head of the section first,

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-help/

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users