Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best New Laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 enginuity

enginuity

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

This is the best laptop I can find that's reasonably priced. I don't play games so I don't need a very powerful GPU. Problem is that I can only find it refurbished. I can get a refurbished one for $1095 on eBay and the only place I can find them brand new is through HP directly for $1925. That's an $830 difference. Is it worth it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,215 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

Eh you could go cheaper even if you were a gamer, what are you looking to do?

Is this something for CAD? Photoshop? Video editing? then yeah something like this is okay for that but again you could go cheaper.

For gaming most definitely, plenty of low budget gaming laptops especially now there are laptops with ryzens

But if you are just using your machine for YouTube, netflix and browsing you could just get a chromebook for that or a $300+ laptop

remember "best" is subjective depending on your need and sometimes high priced devices are not always the best.

You could spend $6000 and it still may be overpowered or underpowered for your needs.

Edited by MadmanRB, 27 July 2018 - 03:56 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

That is a powerful laptop, you work with some intensive programs.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 deancollins

deancollins

• Banned Spammer
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:50 AM

I prefer Lenovo. Have no any issues with it.

#5 winklegiumulyn345

winklegiumulyn345

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

I prefer Lenovo. Have no any issues with it.

I usually get Lenovo. But it seems like the keyboard can easily have defects. I don't know why but it's been my experience for the past 2 laptops I bought.

Edited by winklegiumulyn345, 09 August 2018 - 10:32 PM.

#6 jettyjet

jettyjet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:37 AM

I am not convinced on using an HP laptop for work and gaming, I'm not really a fan of their mousepad which is close to the keyboard. In my own opinion, Asus laptops for me are the best for gaming. This is the gaming laptop that I have now. The laptop I use casually and for work is an ASUS ZenBook 3 UX390UA. 

But if you're already content with your laptop, You can upgrade it if its expandable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users