Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect to Cell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluekitty

bluekitty

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

I have been using Vonage for my home phone for awhile and was fine with it. Then we moved and the Apt complex we moved to has a new bundle with its own Wifi which is free for me for at least the next year. Problem is Vonage does not work on Wifi. I am having my Vonage number forwarded to my cell phone for now. I want to know if anyone has experiance with connect to cell phones where you can connect a regular "house" phone to your cell. I would be able to leave my cell in the best spot for service and not have to talk on my small phone, which I hate. Do they work and if they do any, suggestions on type/brand. Thanks a bunch. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

I use Skype for my home phone. It works in Windows, Linux and Android smart phones. I pay $60 a year for a phone number

and unlimited subscription to call any phone in the USA and Canada. If I want to phone while outdoors I can use my Amazon Fire 8 Tablet

with Skype installed using WIFI. Indoors I simply leave a wired headset hanging on the wall that picks up my conversation anywhere in

the room and even further....hands free. Texting is extra. Video calling isn't.

If you have Skype installed on your smart phone you can save some bucks by ditching Vonage and using only Skype after your one FREE year

of the phone service bundled with your internet. That, I think would be more than a $50 bucks a month savings. Just use Skype over WIFI while

at home. You can't call 911 using Skype but your smart phone likely has that feature.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users