Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rick33

rick33

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/681229/intel-wifi-adapter-ac- Hamluis.

Hope it's okay if I piggy/back here (rather then opening a new thread)   I recently got a new (to  me) Dell.  I previously used netgear wireless adapter with no problems.  Now on the new computer the adapter works, I'm technically on the web but instead of speeds of 7mbps..   it is bogged way down to about  0.03 Mbps.      Also, if I'm using an Ipad in the room, the speed is close to the 7Mbps.. However, if the computer is turned on,  the Ipad bogs down to the same  0.03 Mbps..

Am I missing a simple setting in windows 10 that needs to be turned on to get full speed?   I've tried updating drives..and it says the most recent is already on computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 27 July 2018 - 09:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xitixen

Xitixen

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

AutoTuning re-enabled. I'd used Powershell to disable, and to reenable. It's been for me a simpler go-to for run-as-admin commands.

#3 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

Hope it's okay if I piggy/back here (rather then opening a new thread)   I recently got a new (to  me) Dell.  I previously used netgear wireless adapter with no problems.  Now on the new computer the adapter works, I'm technically on the web but instead of speeds of 7mbps..   it is bogged way down to about  0.03 Mbps.      Also, if I'm using an Ipad in the room, the speed is close to the 7Mbps.. However, if the computer is turned on,  the Ipad bogs down to the same  0.03 Mbps..

Am I missing a simple setting in windows 10 that needs to be turned on to get full speed?   I've tried updating drives..and it says the most recent is already on computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nope, and thanks for asking but piggy backing causes way too much confusion. Please start your own thread. It's much easier to keep up with who's saying what to whom. Thanks!

7581204627.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users