Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Husband is 35 and is still playing online games.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crosssection

crosssection

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

Is it okay for men to be playing online games like they're 18? Would it be considered overreacting if women complain about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

this forum might be a more suitable place for this........

https://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

I guess the standard answer is...it depends...

are there kids to take care of?

are you married?

serious relationship?

no commitment from either side?

many men play online games...women too

If his attention to the gaming side of things is beyond a joke.....then the solution is compromise

If you are not married or settled into any sort of ongoing commitment, and he wont compromise......then you know what you are in for if you do marry/take the relationship to a higher level.

If you are married and the commitment factor is in place.....find something to do. Visit a friend(female !)...get on the phone to your mum/dad/uncle....fill the time doing what you wish to do. Be sensible....dont antagonize him needlessly....keep it above board.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 crosssection

crosssection
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:27 AM

I guess the standard answer is...it depends...

are there kids to take care of?
are you married?
serious relationship?
no commitment from either side?

many men play online games...women too

If his attention to the gaming side of things is beyond a joke.....then the solution is compromise

If you are not married or settled into any sort of ongoing commitment, and he wont compromise......then you know what you are in for if you do marry/take the relationship to a higher level.

If you are married and the commitment factor is in place.....find something to do. Visit a friend(female !)...get on the phone to your mum/dad/uncle....fill the time doing what you wish to do. Be sensible....dont antagonize him needlessly....keep it above board.

It's not me, someone close to me. It's like she's always complaining every time we're supposed to be talking about other things. Anyhow, they have kids and are not that stable. My friend is always worrying about how to work out their finances. You're right. Gotta watch out for this kind of relationship.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

If she is "always worrying about how to work out their finances"......then there is the major problem, ....Money.

The worst problem to have ...is about money.

He "copes" with it by burying himself in online ganes

She "copes" with it by always making it the topic of conversation with you and probably others.

The day they both sit down together and admit they are in the poo.....and then make a 5 minute plan to save themselves....they will become more stable.

Why 5 minutes ?....because any longer than that and they will start blaming each other, and they will lose track of a truly objective plan

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 JayR88

JayR88

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

I guess if they don't like it lol....I'm almost 30 and still mess with some stuff like that once in awhile.  It's the same stuff many have always done...throw a build together and it's 24/7 on fix or replace what breaks or upgrade, and if you need it for something, it's go to and there.

Edited by JayR88, 30 July 2018 - 03:25 PM.

#7 crosssection

crosssection
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

The worst problem to have ...is about money.

He "copes" with it by burying himself in online ganes

She "copes" with it by always making it the topic of conversation with you and probably others.

The day they both sit down together and admit they are in the poo.....and then make a 5 minute plan to save themselves....they will become more stable.

Why 5 minutes ?....because any longer than that and they will start blaming each other, and they will lose track of a truly objective plan

I so agree with this. They got to have a plan. I think it's also advisable for them to get counseling, don't you think? I've been reading a lot lately. It looks easy when you read about it, but it's worth a shot. There's this site called ReGain, and they have excellent writeups regarding relationships, and I have advised my friend to check it out.

#8 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

Counseling could help, cannot speak from personal experience, but also...

Condobloke's statement- 'the day they both sit down together' is of utmost importance. Communicate. If they can't do that, well...
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#9 SeeEmpty

SeeEmpty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:11 AM

Playing online games is nothing but a form of entertainment.

Excess of everything is bad. As long as he's not overdoing it I don't see the problem with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users