Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-Machine EL135-07e will not boot up after error message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katemckenzie

katemckenzie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I need some help. 

I have an older computer, an E-Machine EL135-07e, and it ran fine until yesterday. While working on homework I received an error message from my computer saying it had detected an error and I needed to restart to prevent damage. I didn't question it, I just shut off my computer, but when I went to start it up again it refused.

The green light comes on. It beeps. The E logo appears, and then it goes to a dark screen. Nothing is on it. No buttons will change it. It makes noise when I hold down a key, it stays lit up and running, but will not move from that dark screen.

I know next to nothing about computers, but if I have to take the thing apart to fix it, I will. I just need to know what to do. Also, if my computer is done for, is there anyway to get the pictures off of it? 

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks again.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Specs?

Louis

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

If you do not know the specs, get the handbook that came with the computer, should be in there. If you don't have it anymore, post the model name/number, it should be on the computer case somewhere.

If you know how to enter safe mode or access the BIOS screen, try that. If you do not know, then just tap the F8 key repeatedly when you first turn it on, and choose "Safe Mode" from the list that appears. If you still get nothing, try each F-key in order and write down the various options that appear (if any). You won't hurt anything doing this, the worst that will happen is that the computer won't boot. 

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 katemckenzie

katemckenzie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

I dont believe I have the handbook. The computer body says Model: EL1352.

#5 katemckenzie

katemckenzie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

I tried to put it into Safe Mode and nothing worked. None of the other F Keys did anything either.

Edited by katemckenzie, 26 July 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

I would remove that image as it shows your Windows 7 key. Click the edit button and delete it.

Edit: You can recover your files to a USB flash or external drive but you will need a DVD or spare USB flash drive. Download Lazesoft Recovery Suite on another computer and run it. In the drop down box select your target OS which would be Windows 7 home premium. Let it create the DVD or USB flash drive. Boot your Emachines and select Windows File Manager. You should be able to copy between your hard drive and a USB flash drive or external drive.

http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-recovery-suite-free.html

Once you have your personal data then you can concentrate on getting the computer to boot or to reinstall the OS.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 July 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#7 katemckenzie

katemckenzie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Thank you @JohnC_21. I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users