Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with CSM in the BIOS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rek123

Rek123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

I have the motherboard GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 7-OP which includes a 32GB Intel Optane module that I could not activate because to activate it you need to have CSM disabled and I could not disable because I had installed Windows 10 in Legacy Mode, not UEFI. So I decided to reset and reinstall Windows 10. The problem appears when I disable CSM that makes disappear from the options of boot my SSD (Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB), the Intel Optane Module and my HDD (WD Black 2TB SATA3 7200rpm). Another important fact is that when I installed Windows 10 for the first time the HDD appeared well but now in the boot options it does not appear (it does not matter if I have enabled or disabled CSM, it never appears), but instead it says that it is installed and if I try to install windows 10 on it it says that I can not install it and check the drivers if they are enabled in the BIOS. When I disabled CSM did not detect the USB with Windows 10 either, I do not know if it can be because the USB was in Legacy mode and therefore it does not detect it. I would like to know why it does not let me boot the HDD or install Windows 10 on it.

Edited by Rek123, 26 July 2018 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users