Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msi gt73vr slowed wright down

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ron316

ron316

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

my msi laptop has slowed wright down from wright when you start it. to when your using it .when i check in  processes cpu 19% 3.46ghz memory 5.2 of 64gb. when i look in task manager performance its at 18%the major user is service host super tech at 18.3%.any imput would be great.also i might add the mouse is kind of glitchy also

Edited by ron316, 26 July 2018 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,864 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

Did this coincide with a Feature Update?

Why don't you post the Model Number of the laptop, but NOT the Serial Number.

Also, if you can, try to post a speccy chart, this will help people diagnose your issues.  There is no personal info shown, it is all diagnostic info, other than a few simple things like what you named your computer.  It's a great little tool that shows you the temps of all the hardware etc.

Speccy Tutorial

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

What version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?  To determine which version and build of Windows 10 you are running press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png, type in winver, then press Enter.  Post this information in your topic.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png 

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please do the following to remove any extraneous third party software that may have been installed along with any downloaded and installed third party programs.

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens click on Scan to start the scan.

ZQk62WV.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive a message informing you of this.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

CsqnoTW.png

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

ok i will when i get home tonght thanks

#5 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NTvJ1quMSvRlVoXzg3BDyBQ here is the link with my info

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,864 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

Good work ron316, I would also run Malwarebytes as dc3 explained also as I expect you are.  I would love to see the Model number also as there may be others on the net experiencing the same issue, and that may make it easier to diagnose.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#7 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

it is a msi gt73vr 6rf titan pro 4k-099ca i did run malware also the mouse pointer is still glichy

#8 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

it looks like malwarebytes did it thanks a bunch everyone

#9 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

Glad to hear you got your issues sorted out.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

There are some important updates which if you have not installed you should. 

In post #3 I posted the following.  "What version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?  To determine which version and build of Windows 10 you are running press the Windowskey OS4o0pO.png, type in winver, then press Enter.  Post this information in your topic."

You will see an image similar to the one below.  Please copy and post this information in your topic.  

Attached File  winver.PNG   16.6KB   0 downloads

Please post this information.

Something a lot of people don't realize is that when you download programs, especially free programs, the authors will generate income by allowing other "authors" to add their third party programs.  These can range from something that may be useful to adware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).  Adwcleaner will find and remove these pups which is why I had you run this.  When a program is downloaded and you want to install it you need to be aware that these third party applications will be install automatically unless you choose not to allow them to be.  There are two methods of installing the software:

The Express method is the recommended option for installing the software.  If this method is used the embedded third party software will automatically be installed. 

If you choose to use the Custom Installation (Advanced) each of the third party software will appear with either a check mark already added to install the software or descriptions of the software and the option to decline the installation, you must remove the check mark if you do not want this software installed or decline the software. 

Edited by dc3, 27 July 2018 - 09:23 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:30 AM

ok ill check when i get home thanks which version should it have

Edited by ron316, 27 July 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#12 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

how do i copy the windows info to here

Edited by ron316, 27 July 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

You can either make a screenshot or use the Snipping tool to copy the image and then post the image in your topic.

If you have not used the Snipping tool before I would suggest opening it and try it first.  Open the Start Menu and click on the Snipping tool icon to open it.  You can see the icon in the image below, the tool is outlined in red.

G1wa5Mz.png

When you click on the Snipping tool it will open on your display, click on New and move the cursor to a conner of the image you want to copy, click on where you want to start and move the cursor to surround the image.  Once you have finished the click on File and select Save as, this should be in Pictures, name the image and save it.

Below are instructions for making a screenshot and how to post the image in your topic.  The method of posting the screenshot image also will work with the Snipping tool image.

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

Press the Print Screen key on the keyboard to capture a image.

Open Paint and click/tap on Paste

Click/tap on File and select Save as, add a name for the file.

How to post an image in your topic

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

#14 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:19 AM

Attached File  Capture.PNG   59.81KB   0 downloads here is windows version. and thank you so much for the help

Edited by ron316, 28 July 2018 - 10:20 AM.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

You are current for the moment.

Regarding the mouse problem, have you tried a USB mouse to see if that works?

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow tirangles with a black exclamation mark or red X s.  The yellow ones are warnings, the red ones are errors.  If you see any of these double click on Mice and other pointing devices, then double click on your mouse.  When the mouse options open click on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.  When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users