Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC boot loop - No Signal, No Post, No Beeps

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vormu

vormu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

I just built a new PC and it wont reach the POST. When I press the power button all the fans spin (chasis, cpu, psu and gpu), but the monitor screen remains black and after around 30 seconds it shutdown and begins to boot again. I flip the switch on the back of the PSU to make it stop. There are no hard drives connected at the moment because I was hoping to first boot straight into bios.

My specs are:

• Asrock AB350 Pro4
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 8GB CL16 (two of them)
  • Saphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
  • Cooler Master G750M (PSU)
  • Enermax ETS-N31 (cpu cooler)

The RAM sticks are in the A2 and B2 slots. I tried booting with only one in the A2 slot, and later with one G.Skill Ripjaws V Silver DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 8GB CL15 in the A2 slot. Last time I checked, the Adata ram sticks I got weren't in the Asrock Pro4's QVL list. Also, installing the cpu cooler was a bit of a pain; I had to loosen the screws of the cpu mounting brackets and tighten the screws until the heatsink wouldn't move.

I've done everything on this list except #23. I found an internal speaker to see if I get some beeps with the RAM removed, but no beeps.

Any help in diagnosing the problem and getting me out of computer hell will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users