Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer spontaneously restarting and Wi-Fi prone to failing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GeneralLuigi

GeneralLuigi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

I've had two problems since I started using the Lenovo Ideacentre Y900-34ISZ I typed this post on earlier this month.  The first is that the Wi-Fi connection in my house has started failing, only to typically come back one or two minutes after the failure.  The second is that my computer has been spontaneously restarting after a brief freeze.  Typically, the latter of these two problems only happens when I'm playing a game, but just today, the computer restarted while I was simply browsing the Internet.  Disabling automatic restarts appears to only leave the computer frozen, though I've always turned it off manually in that situation, so I don't know if the freeze would otherwise be temporary.  One time, it happened to freeze at a time when I was running HWMonitor (and a game), and as far as I'm aware, the CPU was at acceptable temperatures (~50°C) when the freeze happened.  I have no idea what could be causing these frequent restarts.  I also can't help but wonder if the Internet problems are connected (though I have no idea how or why they would be, let alone how or why my new computer could temporarily disable the Wi-Fi network for every device in the house).

If anyone willing to help needs additional information, they need only ask, and I shall answer to the best of my ability.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users