Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:
1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.
What I have done to troubleshoot:
- Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
- Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
- Full mem86 test - PASS
- Furmark test - no crashes
- Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5kYHlSC30C5pA6kCPd2lFVL
- Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
- Tomahawk B350
- 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
Most recent dump:
Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!
Edited by anonalchemist, 26 July 2018 - 05:53 PM.