Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How exactly does the quality update deferral group policy work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FireXT

FireXT

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

I don't have Windows 10 Pro right now, I want to get it soon though, but I need to be prepared for this.

According to Microsoft's website, a quality update can be delayed up to 30 days. So If an update is released on week 1, then another on week 2, etc. then all this group policy does is delay these things as if they were released a month later? Or can I delay each update individually? Also, is the 30 days time frame long enough to ensure that a particular Windows 10 (quality) update is not buggy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:34 AM

For the life of me I can not understand why anyone would want to delay a quality update. I can see delaying a feature update but the quality updates need to be installed right away for a reason, usually security.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 FireXT

FireXT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

For the life of me I can not understand why anyone would want to delay a quality update. I can see delaying a feature update but the quality updates need to be installed right away for a reason, usually security.

After reading this I actually feel the same as you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users