Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbars Keeps Resetting + Shortcut Keys Defunct

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

I turned off my laptop computer abruptly using the power switch as it became unresponsive due to WindowFX 6.03 (CPU hog) & now my taskbar won't remember its two row state. Before I noticed a big feature update would remedy this but is there anything I can do to get it to startup with 2 rows [persistently] instead of one? I'am using Stardock Start10, WindowBlinds & WindowFX.

P.S: My laptop computer won't respond to alt+tab, winkey+s et. al. after some time & sometimes I cannot click on the sound icon in the tray !  :smash:
P.P.S: Found out the 'cause of my shortcut keys not workin —it was 'cause of the external USB keyboard I was plugging in ! Also PC seems to be much more stable now, & doesn't hang up or lag tremendously. So relieved !  :grinner:

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 25 July 2018 - 09:34 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

The first thing I would try would be a system restore if I had a restore point dating from before you had to do a hard shut down.

If you type 'control' into the Cortana search box the top hit should be 'Control panel'. Open this then select - in the top right corner - 'View by small icons' and click on 'Recovery'. You will then find controls which will take you System restore. In the restore dialogue box you will see the date of the latest one or two restore points and if these are too recent you will see a button 'Show more restore points'.

Select the latest one before this problem started and start the restore system. You will get a couple of warnings, accept them and the restore will start. When it has finished, re-boot and see if your toolbars are back. If not, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users