Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built In Mail App or Specific Mail App

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

What if any is there a benefit to using the Built in iPhone Mail app?  Or, is it better to just download and use an app like Yahoo's app.  Please help, phones are confusing to me lol.

Or, is the iPhone Default Mail App just going out and getting and using the same app engine as the seperate Yahoo app.

EIDT: Okay, I found some info, but I still feel a bit in the dark as to if it's a good idea to Uninstall the Default, and still if it is a good idea to install a Third Party App?

Thanks, pc

Edited by pcpunk, 25 July 2018 - 01:00 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ibbijv

Ibbijv

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

Its better to use the default mail app as you can add multiple accounts on the app. Using third party apps takes up space so better use the default one.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

Well it appears that the iphone app is quite good, but I see here where it was not working with yahoo very well at one point.

The Yahoo Mail app does work, but this is obviously not an ideal fix; there are a lot of advantages to accessing your email through the system Mail app rather than a third-party client.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/20/yahoo-email-not-working-with-iphone-and-ipad/

I'll use my yahoo app for now lol.  As for others, will use the built in app I guess.  Space would be the concern I guess as I don't see any other reasons not to use it.  I thought I read somewhere that some of the (what would you call them Second Party apps, like gmail etc.?) are a little better in functionality.

I suppose all of these are little email like Clients?  Good stuff!

https://www.lifewire.com/best-iphone-email-apps-4135146

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users