Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large MP3 file not playing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 josnza

josnza

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

i have an mp3 file that's about 28 hours long and about 3.70 gigs.

Its a basically a chant that's looped as long as it could be.

Now for it to be compatible on the mp3 player that supports FAT32 drives  I looped it enough so that after rendering it doesn't cross 4GB.

That's how it is 3.7 GB

The problem is the mp3 player reads it but doesn't play it.

Any possible solutions?

Is there a size limit for mp3s for an mp3 player?

Edited by Platypus, 25 July 2018 - 08:08 AM.
Split from end of an old topic in the XP forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

your mp3 player probably doesn't have enough memory to open a file that size and play it.

most players already have a loop function built in that you need to turn on then it will play the file in a loop.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

I have several .mp3 players...all with 8GB storage per specs.  Of that 8GB, only a given percentage is allocated for music, with video and other types of recordings being allocated part of the total 8GB.

I suspect that you don't have enough room to run a file that is 3.7GB music on that player...unless you delete all the other things taking up storage space.

Louis.

Then again...the file itself could just be corrupt.

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:32 AM

Make a Smaller File and just have the Player repeat it at the end..... :clapping:

#5 CorneliaAlan

CorneliaAlan

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:46 AM

Either you can compress the file or tyr using better player like VLC, Itunes it can help you.

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,061 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

Have you considered opening up the file in something like audacity, then re-saving it at a slightly lower quality (less kilobits per second)? It could significantly reduce the file size and you probably wouln't be able to hear the difference.

Mod Edit:  OP's only post came 25 July - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 21 September 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Oh, ... wow : concerning/referring to"Have you considered opening up the file in something like audacity, then re-saving it at a slightly lower quality (less kilobits per second)? It could significantly reduce the file size and you probably wouln't be able to hear the difference"

Also liked the VLC bit, it will export no I mean SAVE as this format that etc. NO COMBINE oh well, but will play anything even from pluto /sarc, nice ware I've used it here and there, a great group of kids, world wide too if I remember correctly, always looking for volunteer/aide/help and naturally I was one of the ones that just never got around to it HA!

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#8 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

hi my friends,

your mp3 file is too large and certainly you will have problems if you try to play it on a pc with low amount of ram

you can open your mp3 file through an audio editor and you can also convert it to a lower bit rate if this is possible 

if your windows media player cannot play that large file then it is a matter of low ram

if you have eight or more gb of ram then you can play your file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users