Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won´t display over 60hz on a 144hz monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nico381

nico381

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Hi, recently i bought a hdmi to dp converter for my dell 7577 (Gtx 1060 Max Q design, i7-7700HQ) to connect it to a 144hz monitor (https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-DisplayPort-Converter-Co...) I made sure it was from hdmi output to displayport in, so that's not the problem. The problem is that when connecting the laptop to the monitor (monitor only has a dp in) i can only use 60hz and 24hz, i tested the dp cables and the converter on another monitor to make sure it could display more than 60hz. The converter specifies it supports up to 1080p 120hz, but not even lowering the resolution gets me above 60hz. I don't get what's wrong, i think my laptop is enough to go above 60hz, it has a hdmi 2.0 output which should be enough, even on an old monitor i could go up to 75hz with a common hdmi cable, any solutions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Many users have tried different methods of getting external monitors to work with laptops.  The limiting factor in most cases is the LT resident GPU's ability as far as resolution is concerned.  The other thing that may factor in is the converter/adapter being used.  Not all are compatible for all systems and may be the limiting factor here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users