Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Should I wait for gen 11 potential price drops?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IzzyDL


  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

I've picked out an upgraded MSI GS65 Stealth Thin from gentechpc for 2000$ (originally 1700$). Now's the real problem. I read something about the initial release of gen 11 GPUs in August and what I'm worried about is that there'll be a significant price drop after their release, potentially wasting maybe a few hundred dollars. The potential price drop is the only thing stopping me from buying the laptop.  I'm honestly not that worried about the laptop being slightly outdated. so final question is, Should I wait for the potential price drop with the release of gen 11?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 MadmanRB



  • Members
  • 3,224 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No time for that when there is evil afoot!
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I would wait especially for the gaming laptop Market because you don't have the option upgrade to a new GPU

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users