Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Golden Retrievers ~ Mass Gathering in the Scottish Highlands

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

I think this is so much fun! The 150th anniversary of the founding of the golden retriever has been celebrated at the breed’s ancestral home in the Highlands. (Text from the BBC link below)

Click on this link for additional information and great images of these smiling fur kids! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-44898115

Anyone here a fan of golden retrievers? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 605 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

They're great dogs softeyes, as are all. Dean Koontz (author) is definitely a fan. 

The cleanup person with the scooper at that estate might be the only one who may think otherwise. :)

Edited by r.a.d., 24 July 2018 - 12:50 PM.

Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#3 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Hmmm...maybe a little responsibility is in order

IQOz0iu.png

#4 crosssection

crosssection

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

Wow, that is really so much fun! Definitely my favorite breed. 

#5 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for this post! eeehr thread/TOPIC!!!!!!

Oh yes, our Red is happy even when tending to his morning duties, which seems to be tons and not just in the mornings, but he's our HAPPY CAMPER ! no matter what! even if it rains,

. . . he's a good sport about virtually everything, even helps try and push our suburban 4x4 out when stuck in giant mudholes.

Not the brightest guy around but you can count on him for a SUNNY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

340356cb9cb3ee5b171046f4b250ff2c.jpg

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 25 July 2018 - 11:47 AM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#6 Poppyann

Poppyann

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Awwwwwwww... they are gorgeous dogs ; o )

Just take a look at this bunch of beauties...

_102622258_goldenfour.jpg

#7 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 605 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

Some stuff and snips:

The Health Benefits of Owning a Dog: A Healthier, Longer Life Time

In case you need another reason to snuggle your pup: According to a new study of more than 3.4 million people, owning a dog is linked to a longer life. The research, published in Scientific Reports, is the latest in a growing body of research suggesting that canine companions may be good for human healthespecially for people who live alone.

To study the link between dogs and longevity, researchers at Uppsala University in Sweden reviewed national registry records of Swedish men and women, ages 40 to 80. They focused on 3.4 million people who had no history of cardiovascular disease in 2001, and followed their health recordsas well as whether they registered as a dog ownerfor about 12 years. Dog ownership registries are mandatory in Sweden, and every visit to a hospital is recorded in a national database.

They found that dog owners had a lower risk of death due to cardiovascular disease than people who did not report owning a dog, as well as a lower risk of death from other causes. That was true even after adjusting for factors such as smoking, body mass index and socioeconomic status.

Source:
http://time.com/5028171/health-benefits-owning-dog/

Edit/add:  I recall decades a go a 60 Minutes episode where I believe Dan Rather (quick inter edit: or Harry Reasoner) was petting a dog, which I believe was a golden retriever saying that studies show petting a dog can extend your life.

Can't find anything on the 'net about it now.

Edited by r.a.d., 25 July 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#8 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

I love golden retrievers one my favorite breeds. But can you imagine what this would look like if this was a gathering of miniature schnauzers on this scale? I imagine it would look something like this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9I30eqLkU  :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users