Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Boot After Download Interruption

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Univac1966

Univac1966

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Hello,

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 660 with Windows 10 and have had no issues until I accidentally restarted during a driver update I thought had finished. So now, the CPU won't boot (no beeps, etc.) and my monitor immediately tells me it  "Detects no signal and is going into Power Save mode". Both the CPU and monitor power cables aren't an issue, nor do I have any problems with RAM. Simple fixes such as removing the battery, pressing power for 60 seconds, etc., have had no effect. The likelihood of rescuing all the graphic design work that's now trapped on my system seems far fetched, but any suggestions as to what I'd need to do to begin to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by hamluis, 24 July 2018 - 06:30 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

This is difficult.

I can only suggest getting factory recovery discs & reinstalling.

and going from there at this point.

In the future get Macrium Reflect (paid version) & making full system images to restore from using the boot time Reflect option.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

Have you tried crossing the CMOS jumper for 10 seconds?  Do this with the computer unplugged and push the power button to drain any power that is left before shorting the jumpers with a paper clip. Touch the case before doing anything inside to get rid of static electricity. 

When you try to boot up, how many beeps to you hear?

#4 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

If you have important files on the drive then I recommend that you remove it and connect to another computer via USB hard drive caddy and backup of the data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users