I read your post yesterday and since no one has responded....I will attempt to possibly get Gmail working in Firefox...just Firefox for now.
Do the steps below in order.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Scan button.
- When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
- Let me know if found and removed anything.
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so....Let me know if it found and removed anything.
Completely uninstall Firefox. Run the uninstaller first. Then do searches using the terms Firefox and Mozilla. Delete ALL that
the searches find. Click on Start > Enter each search term in the search box....
Reinstall Firefox.....Download Firefox — Free Web Browser
When it asks if you want to make Firefox your Default browser...say yes. That can be reversed easily later if you want to.
Once Firefox is installed and before adding any add-ons, go to Gmail and sign in.
If the problem still occurs follow instructions below.
- download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
- Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
- when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
- Simply Paste the log to your reply
Edited by buddy215, 24 July 2018 - 01:56 PM.