Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Urgent] Acer motherboard short-circuit

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Emirbou

Emirbou

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

Hi,
I have an acer v3-571g, it's doesnt start, when I press the power button it's show the blue lights of power then it quickly shutdown,
I check the motherboard for short-circuit and I've dound alot of them.
So is all of those are short ? Or it's there only one who causz all of this.
Ps: I can provide photos of motherboard nd you can tell me what to test.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

did you pull the battery and hold the power button down for 30second.  then try booting it again.

#3 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

Yeah yeh... All that stuff

#4 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

Sir, I'm telling you, It's start for a few seconds, then it's turnoff again.
After analysing the motherboard I saw multiple short-circuit, and I want to know the original short-circuit that makes all of them.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Has this laptop suffered major damage  - been dropped or had liquid or some conducting powder spilt over it ?  Or, just possibly, been used in very adverse environmental conditions ?

Short circuits can also develop because components have failed due to age and, due to the technologies like surface mount, used on motherboards, such components are almost impossible to replace. If you are certain that there are short circuits on this board then it is almost certain that it is beyond repair and the only cure would be a replacement.

A quick google suggests that this laptop was released to market in 2012, so it is probably 5 or 6 years old. You may well have difficulty finding another board although it might be worth searching eBay. If you can't find one then it is time for a new, or at least another, laptop.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

Yes. I've drop it.
I saw alot of people fixing the short-circuit so I thought it's may get fixed.

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

I think you are confusing short circuits and open circuits.

A short circuit is a fault condition where there is no resistance between the supply line and the zero volt line. this results in a current flow which tends towards an infinite current and will normally blow every fuse and protection trip in sight, or, if you are really unlucky, start a fire !

An open circuit is one where either a component has failed 'open' or a track has been broken, often due to a crack. Cracks are often caused by drops. If you have a fine-tipped soldering iron and are good at soldering then it is possible to repair these, usually by bridging the gap by soldering a piece of insulated wire to each side of the crack in each track. However the tracks on mobos are very fine and your chances of a successful repair are not good.

I still think your best chance is either a replacement motherboard or a replacement laptop.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

and I assume your not a technician with formal training.  as seeing multiple shorts can be common depending what your checking.  resistors, diodes, capacitors and trace runs.  without experience and training what your calling a short circuit is probably supposed to be that way.

what are you checking when you see these short circuits?

#9 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

What the OP is assuming is a short circuit is continuity between components.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#10 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hey there. Thanks for the replys.
I took the motherboard to the reparatory, and he said it's the nvidia card what makes the problem. He fixed the charging battery problem. But the other problem( shutiingdown) he said it's may be the nvidia getting too hot, so the pc shutdown. After that, I can't repowerit on again, cause it's still hot.
He said he will reolace the card and try again.

#11 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

He said that there are no short-circuit behind the processor. The only one it's of the charging battery and he fixed it

#12 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

I'm glad that you finally got this problem fixed !

Chris Cosgrove

#13 Emirbou

Emirbou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:31 AM

So my question is, is the NVIDIA card possibilly make this problem? Is the PC actually starts wuth the NVIDIA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users