Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can one make a bootable bu win 8.1 hd that can run windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

win 8.1on hp laptop

I'm an ex windows [last os winxp] now a mac user trying to help my sister set up a bu for her 8.1 laptop. With my mac and a program called superduper I can create and maintain a bu on an ext hd that I can run my mac machine from in the event I can't boot into mac from my internal hd. Is there such an option for win 8.1?

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:06 AM

The following programs can create a complete disk image to a USB external hard drive inside of Windows. They also allow the creation of a bootable CD or USB rescue media should the computer no longer boot. They also allow you to mount the image as a virtual drive which will let you explore the image and copy any file out of the image. If the computer does not boot because of a failed drive, install a clean drive, boot the CD or USB, attach the USB external drive, and restore the image. No partitioning or formatting is required. All programs and settings will be intact.

Macrium Reflect Free

Aomei Backupper Standard

Easeus Todo Backup Free

Aomei and Easeus allow file/folder backups both differential and incremental. Easeus being the most intuitive.

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Excellent advice. :)

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users